Thursday, September 24, 2015

Blog Opening Kickoff










If you’re a sports fan, and even if you’re not, then you have probably heard at some point in your life about the University of Notre Dame, and more specifically, its football team. With Notre Dame Football, you either love ‘em or you hate ‘em. Fortunately this blog aims to focus more on the positives surrounding the Fightin’ Irish and their journey towards winning a national championship, a journey that for a long time has seemed out of reach.
Notre Dame Football has always been a huge part of my life being a resident of the Northern Indiana region. I attended my very first game back in 2008 when I was given a pair of tickets as a gift. It was a day I will never forget for it was the day that started my interest in the sport and my great passion for the Fightin’ Irish of Notre Dame. My first game was also a record setting game that went into 4 overtimes and had the field sprinklers come on mid-game, making for a very memorable experience. Since then I have been to many weekend games. I’ve witnessed the many wins and many losses that come with being a fan of the sport, and like an addict I keep coming back for more.
This year the football team at Notre Dame faces a bunch of new challenges, ranging from competing in contests against top ranked opponents to playing with a large number of their starting lineup being out for the season due to injury. Nevertheless, just their fight song says, “What though the odds be great or small, Old Notre Dame will win over all!”

Image courtesy of Bing Images.


No comments:

Post a Comment